John D. Storey is the William R. Harman ’63 and Mary-Love Harman Professor in Genomics, primarly appointed in the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics at Princeton University. He has associated faculty appointments in Applied and Computational Mathematics, the Center for Statistics and Machine Learning, Computer Science, Molecular Biology, Operations Research and Financial Engineering, and the Princeton Institute for Computational Science and Engineering (PICSciE). He is the director of the NHGRI Quantitative and Computational Biology Graduate Training Program at Princeton University. For more information, check out a brief biography and his statistical genomics laboratory.
Stanford University | Ph.D. in Statistics | Ph.D. minor in Genetics | 2002
Princeton Universisty | Professor | 2008 - Present
University of Washington | Associate Professor | 2003 - 2008
University of California, Berkeley | Assistant Professor | 2002 - 2003
Awards and Honors
- 2015 COPSS Presidents’ Award
- 2015 Mortimer Spiegelman Award
- Founding Director of the Center for Statistics and Machine Learning
- Named William R. Harman ’63 and Mary-Love Harman Professor in Genomics
- Elected fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
- Elected fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science